Friday, August 25, 2023

Exploring Igorot Stone Kingdom

Baguio City
August 25 - 27

It was another long weekend and I decide to see the summer capital of the Philippines. It's been a while since my last visit to the city of Pines.
Igorot Stone Kingdom

August 25: Travel from Manila to Baguio
Took a daytrip from Sampaloc bus terminal to Baguio. Instead of a usual night trip, I decided to take a day trip for a change.

Had several stop-over at Urdaneta and sision in Pangasinan to rest and for refreshments before finally proceeding to Baguio via La Union.



We reached Baguio City with a very gloomy sky, foggy road and cold weather. There was a storm near the area at that time and so there was no clearing.


The plan is to fly Kronos at the tourist spots whenever possible. This is still a continuation of the break-in period for the new Drone.

Reached Baguip bus terminal at 6PM and headed towards my accommodation at CV Bed and Bath Transient House.

After checking in, the rain started to pour and the place was dark and cold.
I decided to walk from my accommodation via Session Rd to the mall. This was my first destination in the City.

August 26: Cathedral, Igorot Stone Kingdom, Tam-awan
On the second day, I decided to walk along Session Rd and visit the cathedral. It was still raining heavily, sky was dark and cold. Had a good time moving around the church and taking some few shots.



From the cathedral, I took a Grab car and headed towards the Igorot Stone Kingdom. This site is the newest in Baguio.

The Igorot Stone Kingdom is a man-made park. It showcases the Igorot rock-laying skills, their creativity as well as their indigenous culture, values, way of life, and tradition.
 



Igorot Stone Kingdom founder Pio Velasco said that the foundation had been existing for more than a year now and it was able to extend various assistance to indigent residents of the Cordillera, who had been assessed to be in dire need of help.


I spent sometime moving around the area and taking shots. I wasn't able to fly Kronos since it was drizzling all the time.

From the Igorot Stone Kingdom, I moved by foot to the nearby Tam-awan Village. It is a reconstructed Cordillera village with traditional huts, cultural information, art & a cafe. From Tam-awan, took a Grab car and moved back to the mall for dinner.
 




August 27: Travel back to Manila
Travelled back to Manila the following day. Due to the bad weather, I decided to limit my tour in Baguio within the city limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment