Saturday, May 9, 2015

Majestic Roma

City of Rome, Italy
09 May 2015

Ciao , Roma !!

Colosseo
According to UNESCO, Italy has the most number of World Heritage Sites today compared to any other countries. 

I had personally seen few of these great World Heritage Sites in Asia: The Angkor Wat, The Borobudur  Temple and the Prambanan to name a few. I love old historical structures and given the chance to travel in Europe, I made a point to see Rome in Italy.

I left Bremen airport in Germany at 0620H and landed at Munich International Airport at 0735H. There is no direct flight from Bremen to Rome. My flight to Rome was scheduled at 0905H from Munich, Germany.
Vatican City
I was so excited at Munich Airport while waiting for my flight to Rome. While waiting, I had a chance to glimpse at stunning photos of Rome featuring the picturesque St. Peter's Basilica, Colosseo, The Pantheon and several historicial structures. I couldn't almost believe that in a few hours I will be finally in the place that I had been dreaming to see since I was a high school student.
Pantheon
Onboard Lufthansa flight LH1842, I left Munich Airport and headed on to Fiumicino Airport in Rome, Italy. The flight was approximately and hour and a half. At exactly 1035H, I landed at Fiumicino Airport in Rome.

While Germany shievered at 7 degrees centigrade with occassional rains and thunder storms, Rome was at summer mood at 25 degrees centigrade with a real feel of 22 degrees. Sky was clear blue and no signs of rain.

I arrived at Terminal 3. After passing through the boarder and passport control/check, I proceeded at the SIT bus terminal. This bus travels direct from the airport to Vatican City at 6EUR. Travel time at approximately 45minutes depending on the traffic condition.
Monumento a Vettorio Emanuele II
I was seated in front next to a French lady who was also a tourist. With a clear blue sky, I had an exciting bus ride from the airport towards the Centro of Roma.

I couldn't hold my happy and smilling face as the bus passed through cobblestone streets lined-up with old and modern buildings of varying architectures. There were no hanging cables on the streets and highways.
Piazza Navona
One thing that could be common between Italy and the Philippines - you can find old catholic churches (Capella and Basilica) in almost every corner of Rome.

We took a tunnel and at the other end, everyone's eyes were glued at the majestic dome of Basilica di San Pietro as it emerged slowly from the roof of the surrounding buildings as the bus approached the entrance of the Vatican City.
Piazza Popolo
The place where I stayed is approximately 400 meters away from the entrance of the Vatican City. I can almost see the Vatican wall from my window. It is located along Via Giovanni Vitelleschi.
Repubblica
I alighted at Via Crescenzio and walked towards Via Giovanni Vitelleschi. Just like any other backpackers, I was using a map as guide to navigate the area. In fact, I didn't join a tour in Rome. My plan was to do a walking tour to see more of the place and not just the tourist spots.
Castel Sant'Angelo
I arrived at my accommodation 1205H. I was assigned at room #80.

After fixing my things inside my room, I started my exciting and happy foot-journey to explore and discover the historical and word heritage structures of Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment