Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Rediscovering Dingras Church

Dingras, Ilocos Norte
22 December 2015

On the 22nd of December 2015, I traveled to Laoag City from Pagudpud. It was a two-hour bus ride. I left Pagudpud at 0830H and reached Laoag City at 1035H.

From the bus terminal, I took a jeep from near the capitol building bound for Paoay. I reached the town of Paoay at 1115H and checked-in at a place few steps away from the Paoay Church.

At 1200H, I went back to Laoag City and took a jeep bound for Dingras. I reached the town at 1515H. I alighted at the municipal hall of the town near the church.

From the highway, I immediately noticed the imposing grandeur of the restored facade of the church. It's beautiful.
I remembered the last time I visited Dingras, the church was still on a major restoration. What impressed me the most was the way the facade was restored. The old bricks from the original facade wall were used on the new facade.
Ruins of Dingras Church
Photo source: http://museoilocosnorte.com/wp-content/gallery/dingras/dingras_church_1.jpg
Church Buttresses
Also, the ornate of the old facade was also restored. It's not completely a new wall after all. I moved in front of the restored facade and gazed at the grandeur of the church for nearly an hour. I was happy to see it that way. It was a job well done for the church admin, the people of Dingras and the PGIN. I spent sometime taking photos of the church.
After exploring the church, I had a chance to explore the old house of Josefa Llanes Escoda which is a new tourist spot located near the church plaza and facing the municipal hall at the other side of the highway.

I love the ambiance of the restored old building and spent sometime inside siting on a chair looking at the windows made of polished Capiz shells. 

I left Dingras at 1800H and traveled back to Laoag City. See also Dingras Church Restoration.

-o0o-

No comments:

Post a Comment